- Quantifying spatio-temporal variations of soil moisture control on surface energy balance and near-surface air temperature, by C. Schwingshackl, M. Hirschi, S.I. Seneviratne, 2017, Journal of Climate,, doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0727.1.
- Investigating soil moisture–climate interactions with prescribed soil moisture experiments: an assessment with the Community Earth System Model (version 1.2), by M. Hauser, R. Orth, S.I. Seneviratne, 2017, Geoscientific Model Development, 10, 1665-1677, doi: 10.5194/gmd-10-1665-2017.
- Basin-scale water-balance dataset (BSWB): an update, by M. Hirschi, S.I. Seneviratne, 2017, Earth System Science Data 9, 251-258, doi:10.5194/essd-9-251-2017.
- A global reconstruction of climate-driven subdecadal water storage variability, by Humphrey, V., L. Gudmunsson, S.I. Seneviratne, 2017, Geophysical Research Letters, 44:5, doi: 10.1002/2017GL072564.
- Variability of Soil Moisture and Sea Surface Temperatures Similarly Important for Warm-Season Land Climate in the Community Earth System Model, by Orth, R., S.I. Seneviratne, 2017, Journal of Climate, 30:6, 2141-2162, doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0567.1.
- Can climate-effective land management reduce regional warming?, by Hirsch, A.L., M. Wilhelm, E.L. Davin, W. Thiery, S.I. Seneviratne, 2017, Journal of Geophysical Research, 122:4, doi: 10.1002/2016JD026125.
- Regional amplification of projected changes in extreme temperatures strongly controlled by soil moisture-temperature feedbacks, by Vogel, M.M., R. Orth, F. Cheruy, S. Hagemann, R. Lorenz, B.J.J.M. van den Hurk, S.I. Seneviratne, 2017, Geophysical Research Letters, 44:3, doi: 10.1002/2016GL071235.
- Historical Land-Cover Change Impacts on Climate: Comparative Assessment of LUCID and CMIP5 Multimodel Experiments, by Lejeune, Q., S.I. Seneviratne, E.L. Davin, 2017, Journal of Climate, 30, 1439-1459, doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-16-0213.1
- Record dry summer in 2015 challenges precipitation projections in Central Europe, by Orth, R., J. Zscheischler, S.I. Seneviratne, 2016, Scientific Reports 6, 28334, doi: 10.1038/srep28334.
- Anthropogenic climate change affects meteorological drought risk in Europe, by Gudmunsson, L., S.I. Seneviratne, 2016, Environmental Research Letters, 11:4, doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/044005.
- Improving Weather Predictability by Including Land Surface Model Parameter Uncertainty, by Orth, R. E. Dutra, F. Pappenberger, 2016, Monthly Weather Review 145:6, doi: 10.1175/MWR-D-15-0283.1.
- Assessing Global Water Storage Variability from GRACE: Trends, Seasonal Cycle, Subseasonal Anomalies and Extremes, by Humphrey, V., L. Gudmunsson, S.I. Seneviratne, 2016, Surveys in Geophysics, 37:2, 357-395, doi: 10.1007/s10712-016-9367-1.
- Allowable CO2 emissions based on regional and impact-related climate targets, by Seneviratne, S.I., M. Donat, A.J. Pitman, R. Knutti, R.L. Wilby, 2016, Nature, 529, 477-483, doi: 10.1038/nature16542.
- Observation-based gridded runoff estimates for Europe (E-RUN version 1.1), by Gudmunsson, L., S.I. Seneviratne, 2016, Earth System Science Data, 8, 279-295, doi: 10.5194/essd-8-279-2016.
- A submonthly database for detecting changes in vegetation-atmosphere coupling, Zscheischler, J., R. Orth, S.I. Seneviratne, 2015, Geophysical Research Letters, 42:22, doi: 10.1002/2015GL066563.
- Towards observation-based gridded runoff estimates for Europe, by Gudmunsson, L., S.I. Seneviratne, 2015, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 19, 2859-2879, doi: 10.5194/hess-19-2859-2015.
- Assessment of future changes in water availability and aridity, by Greve, P., S.I. Seneviratne, 2015, Geophys. Res. Lett., 42, 5493-5499, doi: 10.1002/2015GL064127.
- Reconciling spatial and temporal soil moisture effects on afternoon rainfall, by Guillod, B.P. , B. Orlowsky, D.G. Miralles, A.J. Teuling, S.I. Seneviratne, 2015, Nature Communications, 6:7443, doi: 10.1038/ncomms7443.
- Introduction of a simple-model-based land surface dataset for Europe, by Orth, R., S.I. Seneviratne, 2015, Environmental Research Letters, 10:4, doi: 10.1088/1748-9326/10/4/044012.
- Impact of soil moisture on extreme maximum temperatures in Europe, by Whan, K., J. Zscheischler, R. Orth, M. Shongwe, M. Rahimi, E.O. Asara, S.I. Seneviratne, 2015, Weather and Climate Extremes, 9, 57-67, doi: 10.1016/j.wace.2015.05.001.
- Climate engineering of vegetated land for hot extremes mitigation: An Earth system model sensitivity study, by Wilhelm, M., E.L. Davin, S.I. Seneviratne, 2015, Journal of Geophysical Research, 120:7, 2612-2623, doi: 10.1002/2014JD022293.